A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Colleen Coble's Journey of the Heart series

I was looking at the available titles on NetGalley and saw a few books by Colleen Coble that are due to come out in May and beyond.  The titles didn't ring a bell, but when I read a description of the story, I was sure I'd read it before.  Doing a little research, I figured out what's going on.

Colleen Coble wrote a series years ago that is out of print, but you can read them on your ereader.  The Wyoming series consists of Where the Heart Leads, Plains of Promise, The Heart Answers, and To Love a Stranger.

Reading through the summaries of the six books coming out, it seems like they're taking the first two books in the series that tell Sarah and Emmie's stories and breaking them into smaller novels.  The first six titles in the Journey of the Heart series are: A Heart's Disguise, A Heart's Obsession, A Heart's Danger, A Heart's Betrayal, A Heart's Promise and A Heart's Home.

I don't know if the titles have been rewritten, but the general story line is the same.  If you're thinking about watching/buying these and you've read the Wyoming series, I'm not sure you'll get your money's worth.  I would hate for fans of Coble to be disappointed getting something they already have under a new name.


No comments:

Post a Comment