A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Friday, January 30, 2015

Digitalis (Discarded Heroes #2) - Ronie Kendig

This is the second book in the series.  The first one is Nightshade, and then after this book, there's Wolfsbane and Firethorn.

Colton "Cowboy" Neeley is haunted by memories of combat and tragedy.  Even though he feels broken, he's drawn to a clerk at a store and finds reasons to buy things in her department.  But how many towels does a house really need?  Colton has to tread lightly, because the safety of his team and his family could be at risk if he lets her in and it was a mistake.

Piper is attracted to Colton as well, but she's got her own secrets to guard.  Revealing her identity isn't an option.  Her father's safety depends on it.  But Colton has a way of breaking through her barriers and getting to her heart.  Eventually, she learns her cover is blown and she plans on running, but the enemy has found her.  Colton comes to the rescue, but Piper still isn't willing to share everything.  The consequences are tragic.

Since it's special forces, there's death in there and some of it is gut wrenching.  Colton has to deal with his demons and the way Piper guards her secrets hurts him.  Learning the truth only makes him angry.  It seems like there are too many roadblocks in the way, but with God, anything is possible.

This was another great book.  The action sequences are well written and the depth to the characters is well done.  Next up is Wolfsbane, and it's about Canyon "Midas" Metcalfe. I've been curious about his character since I read Nightshade, so I look forward to reading the next book.  This book can be read alone, but to understand the dynamic between the team, I recommend reading them in order if you plan on reading more than one.  You'll get a more satisfying read that way.  Good Book!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment