A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Monday, January 5, 2015

The Priest's Graveyard - Ted Dekker

Being a fan of Ted Dekker, I have to admit that there are a few of his books that are so dark, I'm wary about reading them.  The Bride Collector and Boneman's Daughters are the others.  I had a feeling that this one was going to be really dark as well and it took me a while to pick it up.

Danny's life was changed the minute his mother and sisters were murdered.  Now, he's a priest, but he's also a vigilante that takes the law into his own hands by finding and neutralizing the worst of humanity.  He feels a moral obligation to right the wrongs the law won't fix and feels completely justified in his choices.

Renee is a heroin addict whose life is in danger when she's saved by a man named Lamont.  He becomes her 'husband' and savior.  He warns her that he knows too much about a powerful man and if something happens to him, she'll know who was responsible. When Lamont doesn't come home, Renee's new mission in life is to find the man who took her husband and kill him.  She meets Danny and the two find common ground.  As the two proceed as teacher and pupil, more secrets are going to surface and the truth will strain the relationship they're building.

This book was really dark with descriptions of killings, body disposal and revenge throughout.  It's a story of what happens when we judge and what can happen when revenge is consuming.  It's the first time I can remember hoping a serial killer would get away with murder.  The end is as serious as the beginning and, in some ways, unsatisfying.  Overall, though, it was a well written book with a worthwhile message.  It's just really dark.  Good Book!


No comments:

Post a Comment