A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Friday, January 2, 2015

My 2015 Reading Challenge

Happy New Year!  I'm not a person that makes resolutions, but I did decide to try something new this year...

You've seen them before - the challenges encouraging you to read certain books throughout the year.  I was tempted to participate in one until I realized I would never finish it.  There were some strange categories on there as well as things I knew I wouldn't get to.  I love to read, but I can't remember the last time I read a 500+ page book.  So, I decided to come up with my own and see how it turns out.

5 New Authors
This one shouldn't be too bad for me.  Since I can borrow books through amazon, it won't be a major problem.

Read a book I loved in the past and haven't read for years
I have plenty to choose from for this one, but I think I know which one I'll be reading for it!

Read a book recommended by my kids
I've got two daughters, and I think it will be interesting to read something they really enjoy.

Read a nonfiction book
Wow, this one is probably going to be the hardest one for me.  I don't like nonfiction, but I know there are great ones out there.

Read a book that takes place in my state
I took this one from another challenge.  I'm tracking a certain one that I want to read, but I'll have to see if it'll drop in price.

And finally:
Read a classic
It's been a while since I've picked up a classic and I thought it might be neat to dust one off and see what I thought.  I watch a lot of movies that are based on classics, but it'll be interesting to see what I think about reading one.

All things considered, I'm excited to start this challenge.  I picked things that wouldn't be too difficult on purpose.  Setting myself up for failure just wasn't something I was willing to do.  If you participate in a challenge or have a New Year's resolution, I hope that you'll do well.


No comments:

Post a Comment