A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

To Love a Stranger - (Wyoming #4) - Colleen Coble

This is the fourth and final book in the Wyoming series and follows Jasper, the brother of Jessica, the heroine of book 3.

Bessie is shocked when she finds out that her sister, Lenore has married her off to a man she doesn't know.  On top of that, it is legal and she is going to have to travel west to be with him. Bessie has always felt second best to Lenore and her beauty, and is easily persuaded to go along with Lenore's idea.  Bessie has many fears about travelling west and all the dangers, but she is determined to keep her sister out of trouble.

Jasper is also shocked when he meets the stage.  The little wren that meets him is not the beauty that he holds a picture of.  Bessie had no idea that Lenore had sent a picture and confesses what has happened.  Jasper is less than thrilled in the beginning and plans to try and annul the marriage and send Bessie back to Boston.  There is no way that she will be able to survive out in the wild.

Jasper is in for a big surprise when Bessie declares that she has no plans of leaving or annulling the marriage. Whether she knew about it ahead of time or not, she feels connected to this man and is determined to be a wife that Jasper can be proud of.

I did like this book, but it isn't all sunshine and roses.  There are times that tug at the heart, and even though everything is resolved at the end, it doesn't all turn out the way you'd expect.  There is the usual happy ending  and the epilogue is short and sweet.  All in all, it was a good series and I was glad to read it.  Good Book!



No comments:

Post a Comment