A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Monday, December 17, 2012

End of the Trail (Texas Trail #6) - Vickie McDonough

This is the sixth and final book in this series.  I was glad to get the first one for free and the rest for $0.99.  This is the most unusual series that I have read.  For more information on the series itself, you can read my review on the first book, Lone Star Trail.

Brooks Morgan left home when he was a young man thinking that he would never be good enough.  He didn't want to work on the ranch and took his horse and ran away.  Ten years later, he ends up in a town and runs into a man.  The man is sick and Brooks agrees to take care of him until he dies.  The man has one last card game at his house and Brooks wins the deed to his ranch.

Keri is the dead man's niece and comes back from finishing school to find that her world has been upended.  Her uncle is dead and she comes to find out that the man she saved from a lynching is the new owner of her home.  She wonders if she should have let him be hanged after all.

These two don't exactly hit it off right away.  Keri thinks that Brooks is a charmer and a joker and won't take anything seriously.  She thinks he won't work hard enough to keep the ranch going and ruin her home.  She has no one else and nowhere to go, so she's stuck unless she agrees to marry a man who has his heart set on having her.  There's something about him that frightens Keri a bit, but she's more afraid of the feelings that are growing for Brooks.

I enjoyed this book, as I did the others, and I believe that the series was a good investment.  Sometimes I end up with buyer's remorse when I try out new authors, but this time, there are no regrets.  I liked the characters and the story had great examples of second chances.  Good Book!  Good series!




No comments:

Post a Comment