A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Monday, December 10, 2012

Cowgirl Trail (Texas Trail #5) - Susan Page Davis

I've been reviewing the books in this series a lot, so I'll cut to the chase.  If you want information on the series itself, check out my review on Lone Star Trail.  I've been glad to get the first one for free and I've gotten the rest for $0.99.

Alex has been working on the Rocking P ranch for years, working his way up to foreman. The past couple years, his boss has been cutting back and taking away the perks he was giving the men.  The men are planning a strike and Alex is torn between his loyalty to the man and the men he works with.

Maggie has come home after being away for a while.  First she was taking care of her mother, then visiting her cousin after her mother passed away.  Coming back, she finds that her father is a different man and that the men are getting ready to walk out.

Maggie finds out that her father is not only short of money, but he is also ill.  He refuses to tell the men anything about his situation.  He feels betrayed and angrily tells them all to leave.

Alex and Maggie are now on opposite sides and they both wonder how they could ever be together.  Maggie feels betrayed that Alex didn't side with her or stay to help her out.  She lashes out at him on a number of occasions.  Her family needs money desperately and now it's up to Maggie to find a way to get the cattle rounded up for the drive to market.

This is probably my least favorite so far of the series, but I liked it nonetheless.  Maggie was unfair to Alex so many times that I wanted to smack her.  Eventually someone calls her out on her attitude and it was about time.  I liked Alex's character more.

I'm going to go ahead and finish out the series with End of the Trail.  This was a good book and I didn't have any issues reading through it and it only took me about 2 or 3 days. The book follows the pattern of the others and is able to be read out of order or by itself. The mentions of the family are barely in there and they only appear at the very end. Good Book!


No comments:

Post a Comment