A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Thursday, December 6, 2012

The Ranger's Trail (Texas Trail #4) - Darlene Franklin

This is the fourth book in the Texas Trail series.  So far, I have been able to read them in order and I have enjoyed each of them.  This series is unusual and for more on it and to see titles of the other books in the series, you can see my review on the first book, Lone Star Trail.  I got that one for free.  The other four I have picked up for $0.99.

A confusing law had started a war between the Anglos and the Germans residing in Mason County, Texas.  The Germans thought that some of the Anglos had been cattle rustling.  When one of the men is found not guilty, the Germans exact their own form of justice and hang the man.

Buck is a Texas Ranger that has been sent to the area to deal with the violence between the Anglos and the Germans.  He has ties to the community.  His uncle's family live in the area and Buck fears that some of his family may be involved in the violence.

Leta's husband was the man hung in front of his family.  Now the two sides are exchanging killings and the violence starts to come back towards home.  Buck comes to investigate what happened to her husband and ends up caught between the two sides.

As with the others in this series, it's not the most perfect book.  There are some typos in there but nothing major that took away from my enjoyment of the book.  I did enjoy it, but it seemed to be a little lacking in the development of the relationship between Buck and Leta.  At the end, I just didn't feel like they had enough interactions of consequence to merit the marriage at the end.  Wasn't a deal breaker, but I just wish there had been a little more in there.

This has been a great series.  I have Cowgirl Trail waiting to be read, and I'm hoping that the pattern holds and I can pick up the last one for $0.99.  I'm crossing my fingers and waiting patiently.  Again, any of these books can be read alone with no issues, but I like seeing the characters from the previous books and knowing who they are.  This particular book definitely gets a Good Book! review.



No comments:

Post a Comment