A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Where Leads the Heart (Wyoming #1) - Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble has to be one of my favorite Christian romance authors.  When I saw the recommendation for this book, I was a little surprised that it was only $2.99.  This author's new books rarely drop in price and I seem to anxiously await a price drop in vain.  I was thrilled to pick this up for the price and read the whole thing in one day.  It seems that the author is releasing her out of print books in digital form and they seem to be coming out at a reasonable price.  So far, I've picked up two novellas and 2 books from her Wyoming series.

Sarah is mourning the loss of her childhood love, Rand.  He has been killed in the Civil War and it seems like most everyone around her wants her to move on.  She is getting a lot of pressure from her family to marry a prominent man in town.  Sarah has decided to cave in to their wishes.  She will never love anyone the way she loved Rand, so she figures it matters little that she will never be happy with Ben.

Rand has been thought dead everyone who loves him.  His letters didn't seem to reach the family, so everyone is amazed when he shows up on their doorstep.  Ben was supposed to tell Rand's family that he was recovering and he did not.  He also has involved his brother, who works at the post office, to intercept Rand's letters home.  His shock turns to a feeling of betrayal when he hears about Sarah's impending marriage.  He ends up heading west to escape.

Sarah is crushed.  She wants to be with Rand, but her father is ailing and she feels unable to leave him, even for the man she loves.  Rand sees it as further evidence that Sarah doesn't love him as much as he thought and when her father dies, Sarah decides that she has to follow Rand west.  She has to prove her love to him, but is she too late?

I loved this book.  The characters were well written and I can't really express how much I love this author's books.  The story continues in Plains of Promise.  I was able to pick that one up for $2.99 as well and look forward to reading more about Isaac, a minor character in this book.  I fear for my Kindle book budget with these out of print books coming out digitally, but I am overall pleased.  Good Book!!


No comments:

Post a Comment