A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Monday, September 24, 2012

Heat Rises - Richard Castle

I haven't been able to read quite as much as I usually do since I have been battling some pretty bad headaches, but I finally have some medicine that helps and decided to read this book.  I have been enjoying watching Castle on TV, and thought it appropriate to read this since the season premiere is on tonight.  I actually read Heat Wave in the past and thought it was pretty good.  I picked this one up for $1.99.

If you don't watch Castle, this book is based on the TV show that is on ABC Monday nights.  A witty novel writer, Richard Castle, starts out being involved in a case where a man is recreating murders from his novels.  He becomes interested in one of the detectives, Kate Beckett.  He uses his connection with the mayor to become a part of the team.  After a while, he is considered part of the team and they solve crimes together.

These books are by "Richard Castle," the author from the show.  I remember that I liked the first one, but I couldn't get through this one.  The subject matter was a little too much for me.  A priest is found dead at a dominatrix house and theories range from an experience gone bad to foul play.

The book has language, sex and all sorts of stuff that I normally stay away from.  I think that if I sit back and consider what I like about the show itself, it is more about the interactions between the two main characters. Nathan Fillion is also one of my favorite actors, as he has a great character to play and pulls it off well.  It reminds me of his character in Firefly/Serenity: Mal Reynolds.

In all, I quit about 30% in.  Basically without Nathan Fillion, the book was just another murder mystery.  I have taken the others off my watch list and will stick to the TV show for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment