A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Plains of Promise (Wyoming #2) - Colleen Coble

This is one of Colleen Coble's older books that are being released digitally and since I enjoyed Where Leads the Heart, I was glad to be able to continue the series.  This one was available for $2.99.

Emmie is the sister of Ben Croftner, the villain of the first book.  Emmie has been trying to escape from the reputation of her family her entire life.  She finally feels like she has someone who loves her for who she is, marries him and settles down to enjoy her life.  A tragic carriage accident kills her husband and his real widow shows up on her doorstep.  Discovering that she wasn't really married and has no means of support, Emmie finds out about Sarah, (our heroine from book 1) who needs a companion and helper while she is pregnant.

Emmie travels west and fits in well.  A handsome officer, Isaac (also introduced in the first book) appears to be interested in Emmie, but after what she has been through, she wants to have nothing to do with men ever again.  Her heart doesn't want to live without love and so she is forced to deal with her past.

A promise made without thinking it through is what ends up tripping up Emmie in this story.  She never thought that she would have to follow through when she made it and when it seems like she's going to have to, she is sad to learn that she may not have the happiness that she has so recently found.

I did enjoy this book, but I have to say that I wish that Isaac had been a little more developed.  We learned so much about Emmie and there were glimpses of Isaac, but not enough in my opinion.  There were a lot of repeat characters from the first book, and for that reason, I think that this series should be read in order.  The next book, The Heart Answers, is not available yet.  I'm going to keep my eyes open for more of this author's books to pop up digitally.  Good Book!


No comments:

Post a Comment