A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Walker's Wedding - Lori Copeland

I picked this one up for less than $5.  I can usually depend on this author to give me a good read.

We begin by reading about how little Walker wants to think about marriage.  His friend is telling him that he needs an heir for his ranch, but Walker feels like he has all the time in the world to worry about that.  Immediately after proclaiming about how much time he has, he gets horribly gored by a bull.  Rethinking his mortality causes him to send for a mail-order bride.  Who it is matters little, only the fact that she can bear children.

Sarah has wanted to be married since she was a little girl.  She has just been rescued from a marriage to a man that she's known for a short period of time.  Her father has had enough of her shenanigans and is sending her to her uncle's.  He's an evil man who locks her in a room if she does the smallest thing wrong.  Sarah sneaks away and decides to take a train to New York, but on the ride she meets the intended bride of Walker, who is weeping because she has no desire to marry this man.

Sarah sees this as her opportunity to finally get married, the one thing she has wanted. They trade places and Sarah arrives in town and marries Walker, who barely notices that the name of his bride has changed.  Sarah keeps secret the fact that she has run away from home and that she wasn't sent by the mail-order bride agency.  Walker has been betrayed by a woman in the past and Sarah is afraid of the consequences of telling the truth.

I did enjoy this book.  The price went down even more after I purchased it, but I don't mind too much.  The only issue that I had with the story had to be the villain of the tale.  He really didn't make that much sense at the end.  He was really evil there for a little bit, but magically seemed to grow a conscience.  It was just weird how quick he went from villain to coward.  Other than that, it was a cute little story and I liked the characters.  Good Book!


No comments:

Post a Comment