A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Monday, March 7, 2016

Sadie's Secret (The Secret Lives of Will Tucker #3) - Kathleen Y'Barbo

This is the third and final book in this series.  It starts out with a short story, Miss Merriweather's Marriage and continues into the first two novels in the series: Flora's Wish and  Millie's Treasure.

In this book, we find out that Will Tucker has a twin brother, another William Tucker.  Since they have the same first names, they separate themselves by using their middle names. John is the criminal, and Jefferson is the law-abiding twin who comes to visit his brother in prison, only to end up taking his place for close to a year.

Sadie is instrumental in releasing Jefferson but is encouraged to stay on the case.  They still need to find John after all.  Sadie is more interested in moving on to another case, one involving art forgeries instead of basically babysitting Jefferson.  But when the two cases overlap, they decide to work together to solve the mystery and hopefully get Jefferson's life back.

As they dive deeper into the mystery, the dangers increase, and things get more complicated.  Sadie and Jefferson come to care for each other but are determined to remain professional until the case is complete.

I liked this book, but the ending had a bittersweet element to it.  Also, the explanations at the very end seemed rushed and could be a bit confusing if you're not paying close attention.  I felt that some of the "catching of the criminals" that happened by brief explanation was somewhat disappointing.  Overall, while it wasn't my favorite of the series, it was still a good read.  You can read this one alone, but if you want to understand more of Will "John" Tucker's crimes, you'd be better off reading them in order. Good Book!


No comments:

Post a Comment