A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Monday, March 21, 2016

Driftwood Lane (Nantucket Love Story #4) - Denise Hunter

I'm somewhat embarrassed that this has been on my Kindle as long as it has, but I had been watching the first three in the series hoping to read them in order.  I finally gave up and decided to go ahead and read it.  I'm not normally drawn to contemporary love stories, but this one seemed interesting.

This is the fourth book in the Nantucket Love Story series.  The first three are called Surrender Bay, The Convenient Groom, and Seaside Letters.

Meridith has learned that her father has died, leaving her guardianship of three children she's never seen.  Her father left when she was young, and she plans on taking care of the kids until their uncle shows up.  She comes to Nantucket and starts running the B&B business, which appears to be in shambles.

Jake has been on the road for weeks without checking in with his sister.  When he finally checks his email, he finds frantic messages from his niece, begging him to come home. He gets the impression that Meridith is making life hard for his niece and nephews, and is possibly also mentally unstable.  He goes undercover working on the B&B, enlisting the help of the kids, to find evidence that will get guardianship transferred to him.

As time goes by, Jake doesn't see any evidence of mental illness, and he starts to see Meridith has a real desire to protect the children.  She wonders what kind of guardian this "uncle" could be if he still hasn't shown up, so you know that reveal isn't going to go well. She also becomes attached to her younger siblings and vows to take care of them, even though her fiance isn't on board with the whole idea of raising someone else's kids.

This one was a real page turner for me.  I couldn't wait to see what would happen between Jake and Meridith.  The closer I got to the end, the more concerned I became. The truth comes out, as it always does, and bridges need to be mended - and fast!  This was a great read I heartily recommend.  I don't see any obvious connections to the other books in the series, making this a stand alone title.  Good Book!


No comments:

Post a Comment