A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Monday, March 28, 2016

Tomorrow's Garden (Texas Dreams #3) - Amanda Cabot

This is the third book in the Texas Dreams trilogy.  The first book is called Paper Dreams, and the second is Scattered Petals.

Harriet has come to Landreville with her siblings to start over as the town's new teacher. She's escaped the town of Fortune and the painful reminders it holds.  After a failed courtship and watching her brother get into trouble, she's hoping for a new start.

Lawrence is the mayor and sheriff of Landreville.  He has a lot on his plate, but doesn't plan on staying beyond his six-month contract.  The town only holds embarrassing reminders for him, but when he starts spending time with Harriet, his head tells him he doesn't want a ready-made family, but his heart wants to be with her.

As time passes, Harriet has to deal with more suitors, past and present.  She's also seeing a change in some of her siblings - one for the better in her sister, and one for the worse with her brother.  When her brother gets in some serious trouble, Lawrence has to uphold the law while Harriet worries about what the town will think.

This is a pretty good book - one you can read as a stand alone or out of order in relation to the others in the series.  You'll get updates on the characters from the other two books, but if you haven't read them you won't feel lost.  Good Book!


No comments:

Post a Comment