A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

All Things Hidden - Tracie Peterson & Kimberley Woodhouse

Gwyn lives with her father in a remote valley in Alaska.  Her small world is about to get a lot larger with the addition of numerous families, and Gwyn isn't looking forward to the change.  She hates change.

Jeremiah has left Chicago in disgrace.  His medical career seemingly over and his engagement broken, he heads to Alaska and the only man who's ever really believed in him.  The problem is that the man is also the father of his former fiance.

Gwyn's mother and sister live in Chicago in luxury.  When they learned of Jeremiah's troubles, they immediately broke all ties.  Pretty much the same thing they'd done to Gwyn and her father.  Jeremiah doesn't want to see the look of disappointment on his mentor's face, so he hides the circumstances that led him to Alaska.  He comes to care for Gwyn, but fears that if she found out he'd been engaged to her sister, she'd despise him.

While the new colony experiences growing pains, a criminal has chosen the spot to hide out in and is causing trouble here and there.  On top of the illnesses, worries about having enough food and trying to get the houses built in time, Jeremiah finds many excuses to delay revealing the truth.

This is a well written book that has many good aspects to it.  I warn you to have some hankies ready toward the end, there's some tear jerking moments in there.  Other than that, I really liked it and recommend it.  Good Book!


No comments:

Post a Comment