A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Friday, March 25, 2016

It Had to Be You (Christiansen Family #2) - Susan May Warren

This is the second book in a six book series.  It follows the six Christiansen siblings as they find love: Darek, Eden, Grace, Casper, Amelia and Owen.  The titles of the books, in order, are: Take a Chance on Me, It Had to Be You, When I Fall in Love, Always on My Mind, The Wonder of You & You're the One That I Want.

In this book, Eden is trying to keep her hockey-star brother, Owen, in line.  He's gone a little off the rails lately, and she's looking for someone to blame.  She takes most of the responsibility, but she also throws out a little of the blame on the team captain, Jace "J-Hammer" Jacobsen, who has a terrible reputation.

When Owen is injured in an accident one night, Jace and Eden come together and start to form a friendship.  They find a coma patient tucked away in the hospital, a John Doe, and decide to work together to find the young man's family.  In the meantime, Eden is coming to think that her job writing obituaries isn't fulfilling, and Jace is fighting an injury that could end his career.  They have some major misunderstandings in there, but truth eventually heals their hearts.

Also, we have a side story of Sam and Maddy.  Maddy is nine years old and needs a heart transplant.  Sam doesn't understand how God could have abandoned him and allow his little girl to suffer.  This part of the story is a real tear-jerker, and I wish there had been a bit more of a wrap-up for this part of the story.

I haven't read any of the other books in the series, but I was able to read this one without feeling lost.  You get glimpses of the personalities of the other siblings, but I don't think it's enough to spoil it if you read them out of order or as a stand alone.  This was a good book that I enjoyed reading.  I did notice that this book wrapped up, and my Kindle was showing 78%.  The rest was an excerpt from the first book.  Good Book!


No comments:

Post a Comment