A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Friday, December 20, 2013

Miss Merriweather's Marriage (Short story prequel - The Secret Lives of Will Tucker) - Kathleen Y'Barbo

I saw this short story was up for free and decided this was going to be the best way to test and see if I liked the author's writing style.

Millicent is in Georgia with her family.  It seems that her parents and even her brother are on the lookout for her groom.  She, on the other hand, hasn't given anyone a chance in a long time and doesn't plan on going along with their schemes.

Winthrop is an unusual man who catches her eye, but she's not sure what to make of him. When he shows an interest in who she really is, Millicent has to re-evaluate her plans.

This story is a prequel to the author's series, The Secret Lives of Will Tucker.  The story was even shorter than I thought, consisting of four chapters: The Race, The Chase, The Hunt and The Capture.  The story takes up 3/4 of the book and the remainder is a preview of the first book in the series, Flora's Wish.  The second book in the series is called Millie's Treasure.  The final book, which is due out February 2014, is called Sadie's Secret.

The series looks interesting and I'm going to put it on my watch list.  It looks to involve the Pinkerton's and a criminal named Will Tucker.  This story was very short, making it hard to make a fully informed decision, but the characters were entertaining enough and I look forward to reading more.  Good Short Story!


No comments:

Post a Comment