A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Thursday, December 19, 2013

The Icecutter's Daughter (Land of Shining Water #1) - Tracie Peterson

Tracie Peterson is a great author.  The only issue I end up having is that some of her series make it so that you have to read the whole series to get any closure to the story. This series isn't like that and I was glad to get to read the first book.

Merrill has grown up in a household full of men.  She's been taking care of her father and brothers since her mother's death and not giving much thought to her own future.  When a new man comes to town, he catches her eye, but some of the things she overhears makes her doubt his character.

Rurik has come to Minnesota to help out his uncle who is severely ill.  He is fond of Merrill, but his former fiance shows up in town and now Rurik has another problem.  She wants to reinstate their engagement and she is willing to cook up lies to make that happen.  Rurik wants Merrill to believe in him, but even if she does, will anyone else believe his innocence?

This book was a great read.  You get a glimpse into the life of an icecutter and also the custom furniture business.  The characters are well developed and the story interesting. Book 2 is called The Quarryman's Bride and the third title is The Miner's Lady.  This story is stand alone, which is important to me.  Both the other titles are on my watch list and I hope to read them sometime in the future.  Good Book!


No comments:

Post a Comment