A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Thursday, December 5, 2013

The Lawman Claims His Bride (Charity House #4) - Renee Ryan

This book is one of those smaller, Harlequin-like, books that are good, clean fun.  When I saw it up for free, I decided to give it a shot.  This was also a new author for me.

Logan is a U.S. Marshal.  After 5 years he is on his way back to claim Megan as his bride. Unfortunately, she is in a jail cell, suspected of murder.  The problem is that she has lost her memory and can't remember what happened.  Determined to find the truth, Logan feels the need to take Megan away from Denver and to the safety of his family's farm.  To do that without a chaperon, they decide to get married.

Megan is frustrated about the memory loss, but she also has these unexplained fears about her husband.  He has done nothing but treat her with respect and kindness and she vows to make the marriage work.  Even if that means proving to Logan that he needs her just as much as he thinks she needs him.  He's trying a little too hard to try and protect her and she's trying to figure out how to prove she's not a fragile vase.

This book was about what I expected.  I had the killer figured out early which made the ending a little anticlimactic for me.  The characters were nice enough and it appears that this book is part of a series.  The Charity House series consists of The Marshal Takes a Bride, Hannah's Beau, Loving Bella, The Lawman Claims His Bride, Charity House Courtship, The Outlaw's Redemption, and Finally a Bride.  If they popped up for free, I would pick them up, this one was a nice little read.  Good Book!


No comments:

Post a Comment