A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Monday, February 1, 2016

Millie's Treasure (The Secret Lives of Will Tucker #2) - Kathleen Y'Barbo

This is the second book in the series.  There's a short story prequel, Miss Merriweather's Marriage, and then the first book in the series, Flora's Wish.  There's also a third book in the series, Sadie's Secret.

Kyle is an inventor and a Pinkerton agent.  He's on the roof of the Cotton Exchange in Memphis when he discovers a society scientist.  Millie is on the roof for much different reasons, but now they're both trapped and the only way down is testing Kyle's flying machine.  They decide it would be inadvisable for either to reveal their true identities, and they spend a magical few hours together.

Millie's father doesn't approve of her scientific pursuits, and she sees an escape by marriage to Sir William Truek.  What she doesn't feel is love for the man, and simply wants to be free.  She's intrigued by Kyle and finds reasons to be around him.  One of those reasons is solving the puzzle of unusual jewelry.

As they work together, Kyle finds out the real identity of Millie's intended, one Mr. Will Tucker, an escaped convict.  Working with Millie might end up being more complicated, both for his job and his heart.

This book was a cute tale of pirate treasure and puzzles.  I liked that Millie was a strong character with lots of smarts, and Kyle was more than willing to appreciate her the way she was.  You get peeks of Lucas from book 1 and hints of who Sadie is for book 3, but you won't be lost if you haven't read Flora's Wish.  The common thread of Will Tucker is also sufficiently written so that you can read these alone or out of order.  Good Book!


No comments:

Post a Comment