A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

The Matchmaker's Match - Maureen Lang

I was browsing through the Kindle Unlimited titles and came across this one.  I've read this author's Gilded Legacy series in the past and enjoyed it, so I was intrigued to read this book.

Mara has spent the last 10 years traveling the world alone.  She's focused solely on what would please her until she gets extremely sick on a ship.  She meets an "angel" named Jackrabbit and decides to turn her life over to God.  Now she's in Chicago to try and make things up with her sister.  Determined that her life needs to be spent alone to atone for her past, she resists her sister's efforts to match Mara with Benjamin.

Benjamin works with Mara's brother-in-law and is instantly attracted to Mara, but she has some matchmaking plans of her own.  Mara has decided the best way to ignore her feelings is to match him with the governess her sister employs for the children. Unfortunately, this leaves Benjamin in the middle of the matchmaking, trying to find time with Mara but being forced to spend time with the governess.

This story reminded me a great deal of Jane Austen's Emma.  Mara may have competition for the matchmaking process, but she ignores her feelings for quite a while before admitting to what she feels.  It was a cute tale that I thoroughly enjoyed.  Good Book!


No comments:

Post a Comment