A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Life Support (Grace Medical #3) - Candace Calvert

This is the third book in this series.  The first two are Trauma Plan and Rescue Team.

Lauren has left her life in Austin to come back and keep track of her sister.  Jess has some problems, but Lauren doesn't believe other people when they tell her she needs professional help.  She's become a mother figure to her sister, something that Jess resents.  From the beginning, she's thrown together with Eli Landry.  She's dealt with him before.  He's the one who sent her sister over the edge recently.

Eli doesn't remember it that way, but when he spends time in Lauren's presence because of his brother, he finds the desire to spend time with her and see what happens.  He's having issues with his father, and the topic of family is definitely off limits.  If they start talking about it, they'll end up fighting again.  Eli also has to make sure that his daughter is taken care of.  She's definitely a priority in his life.

Add in the threat of a hurricane and these two have a lot to deal with.  Storms are a theme in this book and not just the ones bringing wind and rain.  Both these two have internal storms they're going to have to deal with.  Eli has an uphill battle as he's walked away from God and isn't sure he can trust Him again.

This was a good book and a nice addition to the series.  You don't have to read these in order.  I didn't see or read anything about the characters from the other two in there anywhere.  Good Book!


No comments:

Post a Comment