A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Friday, November 7, 2014

Love's Far Country - Colleen Coble

This novella is around 63 pages long.  I really like this author and decided to go ahead and use this book as my monthly "borrow" for my Amazon Prime membership.  This review will be short, since the book is short.  Otherwise, I'd tell the whole story and there'd be no reason to read it!

Alexandria's father is dead.  The only thing she has left is the Dawson Belle, a steamboat that brings goods to the miners in Alaska.  She feels the pressure to make sure her brother has everything chance to get his education, she travels to Alaska to make sure her source of income is being used in the best way possible.  When she meets Philip, she feels attracted to him, but he's angry at God for his wife's death.  Alex wants his heart to heal, but she's not willing to pursue anything unless he has a passion for God in his life.

Since it's a novella, there's not really time to deeply develop characters, so I didn't really expect much in that respect.  The story felt a little rushed (something I end up feeling often with novellas), but it was still a nice story that I enjoyed reading.  Good story!


No comments:

Post a Comment