A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Monday, November 17, 2014

Beyond the Waves (Pacific Shores #1) - Lynnette Bonner

A while back, I signed up for Bonner's emails.  I haven't really been following her as an author, but a recent email got me interested in her new series, Pacific Shores.  The first book was up for free and the second one was $0.99.  In the past, I read through her Shepherd's Heart series (Rocky Mountain Oasis, High Desert Haven, Fair Valley Refuge and Spring Meadow Sanctuary) and enjoyed those, so I thought I'd give this one a shot. While the previous series is historical, this new one is contemporary.

Taysia thinks that she's finally moved on from Kylen when he shows up at her gym, turning her into a bumbling idiot.  She even tries to hide in the closet!  He's come back to town to tell her that he loves her.  The problem is that he's hurt her not once, but twice, in the past.  Her head tells her to run far and fast, but her heart begs her to stay.

Kylen realizes he was horrible to Taysia in the past and is willing to do whatever it takes to make it up to her and earn her love.  He's given his life to the Lord and he wants her to see that he's changed.  There's another man on the scene, but Taysia seems to still have feelings for him.  Can he prove to her that he's worthy of her trust, this time forever?

There isn't any suspense in this book, it's really all about the progression of the relationship between Taysia and Kylen.  You do get to learn a little about Marie's life. She's the topic of the next book, Caught in the Current.  I'm not sure how much of her background will be retold in the next one, so I can't say for certain if it's okay to read them out of order.

One little note: The book is listed at 237 pages, but in reality, it's closer to 200.  The rest of the book is an excerpt of Caught in the Current.  I still haven't 100% decided whether or not I'm picking up the second one, even if it is $0.99.  I find that I'm more drawn to reading books that have that suspense element in there, even if it's just a little bit.  Even with my reservations, I enjoyed this book and am glad that I read it.  Good Book!


No comments:

Post a Comment