A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Rescue Team (Grace Medical #2) - Candace Calvert

This one has been on my Kindle for a while.  I'm not sure why I hadn't read it yet, but I have so many books on my Kindle that it's been difficult to choose what books to read and so some things get pushed aside.  I enjoyed the first book in this series, Trauma Plan, and was glad to be able to pick this one up for $2.99.

Kate has stepped into the position of a much loved, but missing, ER director.  The woman seemed to be perfect, and by comparison, it is obvious to Kate that the staff thinks she's not.  When a young, desperate mother leaves a dead baby in the bathroom, it causes Kate to relive bad memories but also has the potential to hurt the hospital.

Wes has made it his goal to rescue as many people as possible.  He was abandoned in the woods when his mother drove her car into the water and drowned.  At first, he thinks Kate's prickly and unapproachable, but he soon realizes that there is much more to her than meets the eye.  When he gets close to her, he wants to know more, but Kate's secret could ruin their chances.

I felt like this book started a little slow, but it really picked up in the second half.  The story line was interesting and I look forward to the next book, Life Support, which comes out next March and tells Lauren's story.  She's Kate's best friend in this book and we get a little of her back story, but you can read these out of order and don't feel like you're missing something.  This is a prime example of my favorite kind of series - you can read them out of order and not miss anything, but there are threads of connection that reward the reader if you actually have read them.  Good Book!


No comments:

Post a Comment