A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Love by the Letter (An Unexpected Brides Novella) - Melissa Jagears

I saw this one pop up on the website where I check for free books.  I hadn't read anything by this author, but there was just something about the title that drew me in.  I also normally don't read novellas all that often, but again, this one sounded like it might end up being worth my time.

Dex has always had eyes for the smartest woman in town.  He's getting ready to leave for Kansas, but he needs a woman to help him.  His first choice is Rachel, but he's hidden the fact that he can't read and write.  He's written for a mail-order bride and the woman made it clear that his attempts were lacking.  With only days left before he leaves, he appeals to the one person he feels can help him: Rachel.

Rachel doesn't realize that Dex has held a torch for her all these years.  She figures his attempts to avoid her were based on the fact that he didn't think of her at all.  When she comes to the decision to put it all on the line, she risks her future happiness on his reactions.

This novella was a cute, easy read.  I really enjoyed it and was a little curious as to why it seemed to be reaching the end when I was at about 65%.  The reason being that the novella ends and the teaser for the author's first novel begins.  The first book in the series is called A Bride for Keeps and comes out the first of October.  It was an easy enough decision for me to place it on my wish list and hope for the best.  This novella is FREE and you've got nothing to lose.  I recommend it.  Good Novella!


No comments:

Post a Comment