A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

A Whisper of Peace (Heart of the Prairie #7)

I've been working my way through this series, picking and choosing the ones that interest me.  I've been able to read Waiting for Summer's Return, A Promise for Spring, A Hopeful Heart, Courting Miss Amsel, and Song of My Heart.  This series is easily read out of order for the most part.

Lizzie has been excommunicated from her tribe in Alaska.  Now that her mother is dead, she is determined to fulfill her mother's last wish to make peace with her grandmother and then go find her father in San Francisco.

Clay and his stepsister, Vivian, have come to Alaska to bring God's Word to the people. While he is intrigued by Lizzie, visiting with her could jeopardize everything he is attempting to accomplish in the village.  Standing up for himself and the woman he is coming to care about is going to test both of them.

Vivian is fighting her own demons.  Her mother and stepfather doubt her ability to help her brother.  They think that she's too fragile and at times she can tell Clay feels the same way.  Determined to prove herself and pay for her past "sins," she befriends Lizzie where the two learn from each other.

This was a good read.  I was mildly disappointed with the end where too much time had passed with events that I felt warranted explanation.  The acceptance by the grandmother of Lizzie and Clay could have used some depth and I just didn't understand Vivian's short explanation of what had happened to her.  Ideally, I believe it could have been another book, but overall this was an entertaining read.  Good Book!


No comments:

Post a Comment