A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Trauma Plan (Grace Medical #1) - Candace Calvert

This is the first book in the Grace Medical series.  Having read all of her first series, Mercy Hospital, I was excited to read this one.  For some reason it has been on my Kindle for a long time.  I'm not sure why, I have really enjoyed this author's books.

This book is about Riley, someone we get to know a little bit in the Mercy Hospital series. She's the hospital chaplain, but wants to get back in the ER again.  Unfortunately, she had a run-in with someone who tried to kill her.  It has left her with enough nerve damage in her dominant arm that she is unable to perform the duties that would be required of an ER nurse.  It has been a year since the accident and she is frustrated that God hasn't restored her fully.

Jack is an angry man who looks for dangerous situations.  His badges of honor are the things he has conquered.  He runs a free clinic near a posh neighborhood and is in a battle with the residents.  He'll do anything to keep his clinic and lashes out at them every chance he gets.  His past is filled with regrets for his murdered friend and he feels he has a lot to prove.  Meeting Riley teaches him that he maybe he needs to look at things a little bit differently.

I ate this book up.  I couldn't put it down, because I just had to know what was going to happen.  The characters are well written and I liked the story line.  Rescue Team is the next book and is about Kate, a character we read a lot about in book 1.  I'm not sure about whether reading them out of order would make a difference.  We read some of Kate's back story in this book, but she's also moved away from Alamo Grace and is at Austin Grace so it may not make a difference.  I hope to get book 2 soon.  Definitely gets a Good Book review!


No comments:

Post a Comment