A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

If the Shoe Fits: A Contemporary Fairy Tale - Sandra D. Bricker

I saw this one pop up and knew that I had enjoyed some of this author's Emma Rae Creations series, I knew that I would have no issues giving this book a chance.  Even though I didn't make it all the way through that series, I did enjoy her writing style and this book looked cute.  I would have finished it yesterday had it not been for a nasty migraine. It's kind of cute that my daughter is actually reading a different book with the same title right now, so we've got something in common!

Julianne and Will have been best friends since they were very young.  They have just started a law practice together when Julianne sees Prince Charming save a dog on a rainy day.  When he drops his boot and toolbox, she sees this as a sign from God that her personal fairy tale has begin.  She has to find this man so she can have her happily ever after.

Will has loved Julianne for as long as he can remember and hasn't ever had the courage to tell her.  The possibility that he could lose her all the way is something that he's not willing to risk.  As Julianne's Prince Charming doesn't add up to the dream Julianne planned in her head, Will wonders if she will ever see him as more than just a friend. Things don't look good for that outcome unless one of them admits the truth to the other.

I enjoyed this book a lot.  Julianne's quirky mannerisms and off-the-wall thoughts made me smile.  Some of the odd things she came up with (the whole mustache thing) sounds like something I would think of, so I liked her character.  I wasn't as fond of her at those times when she took Will for granted, but she eventually learns from her mistakes and we get the happy ending we all know is coming.  I recommend this book for anyone that wants a light, cute read.  Is it predictable? Yes, but it's all about the journey...Good Book!


No comments:

Post a Comment