A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Friday, June 28, 2013

Claim (The Homeward Trilogy #3) - Lisa T. Bergren

I read book 2 of this series in February.  Both Moira and Dominic's stories are still unresolved in Sing, so I needed to read this one to finish out the series.  I read book 1, Breathe, before I started my blog.

The story this time is balanced between Moira and Dominic, called Nic.  To demonstrate the amount of balance, the book ends with Moira and the epilogue covers Nic.  Moira is having issues with Daniel and considers heading to New York for a taste of her former life and a possible connection with the parents of her unborn baby's father.  Daniel has unresolved issues from his past that interfere with his present and could destroy his future with Moira.

Nic isn't sure what he's in for when he agrees to mine with a stranger.  What he ends up with is being neighbors with a beautiful woman and a young boy to care for.  He just wanted to make something of himself before heading further west to visit with Odessa, but now he has a lot more to deal with.  It seems that circumstances are forcing him into a corner.  He has no desire to be a miner, but sees little choice considering the boy needs a future.

Sabine is an independent woman who had a very bad marriage.  Now that she's on her own. she'd like to keep it that way, but she can't ignore the feelings she has for Nic.  When they are faced with possibly selling their land to a mining company, they form an alliance and hope for the best deal.  When the company doesn't want to deal with Sabine fairly and the offer is refused, Nic and Sabine learn what lengths the mining company is willing to go to in order to get what they want.

While I enjoyed the book, I can't really stress enough that these need to be read in order. My main issue was that I had a significant gap between reading each of the books in this series.  While there are clues in there to refresh your memory, I still had times when I felt like I had totally missed something.  My recommendation is to collect all three and then read them as close together as possible.  It was a nice series and I was glad I read it. Good Book!


No comments:

Post a Comment