A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Monday, July 1, 2013

A Cowboy's Touch (A Big Sky Romance #1) - Denise Hunter

In the past, I have only read this author as part of other books.  Notably the Smitten books.  I'm not sure why I've never read anything from her, most likely I just haven't come across her books at the right price.  When this one popped up for $1.99, I decided to give it a chance.

Abigail works for her mother at a struggling magazine.  When she starts having problems with hypertension and headaches, she is sent to the middle of nowhere in Montana and told to rest.  While she's there, she's supposed to be checking in on her great aunt to see if she has the faculties to remain alone in her house.

Wade is hiding from his past.  When his daughter's nanny backs out at the last minute, he's left with finding someone else in two days to watch her for the summer.  Meeting Abigail seems to be the perfect solution, but he discovers that she's making her way past the wall that he erected around his heart when his wife died mysteriously.  He was a big name in the rodeo world back then, now he's a quiet rancher out in the middle of nowhere.

When Abigail finds out who he is, she feels like God has given her the opportunity to save her mother's magazine.  She begins her snooping, but what starts out as the perfect story soon turns into a crisis.  How can she betray these people that have been so nice to her? And what about her feelings for Wade?  She doesn't really believe that Wade had anything to do with his wife's death, but hides from Wade what she's up to.

I really liked this book.  I don't have a lot of contemporary authors that I really like, but this book was so well written that Denise Hunter has made it onto my list of authors to track.  I picked up the next book in this series, The Accidental Bride, which was only $3.  I placed the third one in the series, The Trouble With Cowboys, on my watch list.  I also added the Nantucket series 3-in-1 book to my watch list and also the fourth in that series.  Excited to read more from this author.  Good Book!


No comments:

Post a Comment