A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Monday, July 29, 2013

Spring of My Love (Silver Hills Trilogy #3) - Ginny Aiken

After reading Song of My Soul, book 2, I was anxious to read more of this series.

Angel's father has just died and now she has the task of taking care of the ranch alone.  In this area, drought has hit many of the cattlemen hard.  There are quite a few of them that are on the brink of losing everything.  If the men in town find out that Angel is on her own, it could become dangerous for her.

Jeremy lives close to Angel and once word spreads that her father is gone, he knows that he will have a lot of competition for that land.  He assumes that Angel would like nothing more than to sell her land and move somewhere else.  What he runs into is a stubborn, red-headed woman running around in pants and running the ranch on her own.

Angel is wary of Jeremy from the moment she sees him.  She knows that none of the ranchers approve of her raising sheep.  The cattlemen see her as not only ruining the pasture but also hogging all the water.  Once she gets attacked, she starts to see that there might be more to Jeremy than she first thought.  While he isn't sure exactly what he's supposed to do, he knows that he just can't leave her out there alone.

I really enjoyed this book.  While it is the final book in the trilogy, I was hoping that there had been some sort of followup that would address Wynema, independent photographer that has sworn off marriage.  At the end, she is on her way to document the plight of the Indians on the reservations.  It would have been great to see her side-swiped by love.

I was able to pick up the first book and look forward to finishing out the series.  It doesn't matter if you read these out of order.  As long as you can accept that you'll see that the characters from the previous books get married, you can enjoy them in any order.  Good Book!


No comments:

Post a Comment