A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Showdown at Barncastle Inn (Celebrate Any Time Series) - Janelle Mowery

I came across this title while checking for any new freebies that would catch my eye.  Based on the price, I was expecting a novella, and I was right.  I believe this book is about 100 pages.  I've read a series by Janelle Mowery in the past, the Colorado Runaway series, and picked this up.

Kelsey is headed to Vermont to Barncastle Inn since her parents are renewing their vows.  She really doesn't want to be there since she has a very fractured relationship with her father.  She plans on doing her best to avoid him and just get through the week.  His betrayal has made her bitter and unforgiving even though everyone around her is trying to tell her that he's changed.

Nick grew up with Kelsey and has loved her for a long time.  The night before she left for college, their final conversation went wrong and they have lost touch.  Kelsey had no idea that Nick would be at Barncastle Inn as well, but quickly recovers and they mend their friendship.

The Old West is the theme at the Barncastle Inn and during their activities, Nick not only mends his friendship with Kelsey, but also encourages her to mend the relationship with her father.

I liked this quick, easy read.  This novella seems to be part of a series revolving around Barncastle Inn.  There is a collaboration book called Christmas at Barncastle Inn and is written by Susan Page Davis, Darlene Franklin, Janelle Mowery and Lynette Sowell.  To go along with it, it appears they have written these novellas as well, calling them the Celebrate Any Time Series.  Revolution at Barncastle Inn is Susan Page Davis's contribution.  Barncastle Memorial is the name of the novella by Darlene Franklin, and Spring Comes to Barncastle Inn is by Lynette Sowell.  I think I'll keep an eye out for these others, so if you have a few hours and want a good read, pick this up!  Good Book!


No comments:

Post a Comment