A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Friday, June 21, 2013

The Lightkeeper's Bride (Mercy Falls #2) - Colleen Coble

I'd been watching for this book to drop in price for quite a while before I was able to pick it up for $3.99.  As I write this review, it's actually down to $3.03.  A good price for such a great book.  I've already reviewed the third book in the series, The Lightkeeper's Ball.  I read the first one in the series, The Lightkeeper's Daughter, quite a while ago before I had begun reviewing books online.

Katie is working for the telephone company, but her family wants better for her.  They are pushing her to accept the advances of Bart, who is in her social circle, but Katie isn't sure that she can fall in love with him even though her parents want her to.  When Katie overhears a conversation over the phone, what she hears gets her involved in a mystery that will turn her world upside down and put her life in danger.

Will is taking care of the lighthouse, but his passion lies with weather forecasting.  His brother is in town investigating piracy in the waters near the lighthouse.  When his brother asks for help, Will is so accustomed to bailing his brother out that it isn't hard for his brother to talk Will into questioning a woman his brother knew in the past.  Finding an abandoned baby isn't quite what he expected, but neither is Katie.

Katie is suspicious of Will at first, but his motives become clear through his actions.  I really liked Katie's character and the way she worked through her issues.  Her parentage is her main secret, but even she isn't fully aware of the extent of the secret.  The parentage of the baby is also in question, and even though both Katie and Will love the child, they aren't sure they will be able to figure out who her real father is.  Working to discover who's behind the acts of piracy throws them together and they come to care for each other.

As usual, Coble delivers a solid story full of romance and mystery.  It's a great book and a nice addition to the series.  The characters from the first book are there in a minimal sense and you can read these out of order with no issues.  I recommend this book.  Good Book!


No comments:

Post a Comment