A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Bourne (River of Time 3.1) & Tributary (River of Time 3.2) - Lisa T. Bergren

These two are novellas that are meant to be read after the River of Time series: Waterfall, Cascade and Torrent.  Make sure you have read this series BEFORE you dive into these novellas - you'll have no clue what's going on if you don't.

In Bourne, we pick up where Torrent left off.  Men are wounded from battle and there is a new threat to the Betarrinis and those they have come to love.  Lia still doesn't quite feel like she belongs but knows she won't be going back.

Tributary was my favorite story of the two.  Alessandra has gotten a head wound while out hunting.  Lia and Gabi know that they have no choice but to take her back to their castello even though it is obvious that this girl has come from their enemies.  As Alessandra heals, she comes to realize that everything she believes is not as black and white as she first thought.

I really loved this series and these two novellas.  Finding some closure for Lia, Luca and Rodolfo was nice although not everything is wrapped up in a neat little bow.  It has been over two years since I read the River of Time series, but there were enough reminders to help me remember what had been going on - great job by the author on that one!  You still have those moments where the "teen" aspect of the book shines through in the language.  For me, it sort of broke up the flow but it wasn't bad enough to change my opinion of the stories.

These are available separately, but I recommend you buy them together for two reasons. The first is that it is cheaper to buy them together.  They are $2.99 separately and $3.99 together.  For some, the difference is minimal, but when you buy/read as many books as I do, every little bit helps.  The second reason is that both stories are definitely worth reading and you'd be missing out by only reading one.  Great Series!  Great Novellas!


No comments:

Post a Comment