A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Monday, September 5, 2011

Waterfall (River of Time #1) - Lisa T Bergren

This book is a time travel romance that is classified as being for young adults, but I really enjoyed it.  At first I was a little uncomfortable with how much love the heroine felt at 17, but I understood it much better by the end.  Heck, I can't say much, I found my true love before that!

Gabi and Lia are sisters that are less than enthused to be stuck in Italy on another archaeology expedition with their mother.  They find a way into the past and lose each other in the process.  Gabi becomes attached to the past, and a particular young man in the process, while trying to find out what happened to her sister and also trying to discover if there is a way to get back to her own time.

The book kept me engaged throughout, and I wanted more at the end.  It's one of those books that you need to find out more.  I plan on eventually progressing through the series.  Cascade is next and Torrent is supposed to be out this week.  If I didn't have a billion things waiting for me on my Kindle, I would have picked up Cascade already!

No comments:

Post a Comment