A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Keeper - Ted Dekker - short story

I found this in the Kindle freebies and HAD to have it.  This is a prequel to Forbidden, which came out recently.  Ted Dekker is working with someone new on this book, Tosca Lee.  I'm hopeful that this will work out better than the Erin Healy ones.  Nothing against Erin Healy, I liked The Lost Books, just not the serial killer ones.

Two brothers have secluded themselves away from the world.  As they sit by the fire one night, a man approaches them and tells them that they are already dead.  Confused and scared, they listen as the man reveals he is a scientist that helped develop a virus that has spread without anyone's knowledge.  The virus makes the victims unable to feel anything but fear basically.  He also has a cure.  He has to prove to the brothers that what he says is the truth and convince them to help him with the secret.

I think that I will eventually give Forbidden a chance.  It only took me about 30-45 minutes to read through this short story, so I wasted nothing giving it a chance.  There is mention of Thomas Hunter and the Raison Strain (Circle series) and I really liked that series.  I'm keeping an eye on the price, $11.99 is a little too rich for my blood at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment