A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Kissing Kelli (A Texas Legacy Romantic Comedy #1) - Kathy Carmichael

This one was a freebie for the Kindle.  I almost didn't get it due to the cover.  It's a cartoon for goodness sakes!  I read the description and decided not to judge the book by its cover.

Kelli is a vet who loves her sisters.  Lori is one of the sisters who used to be very close to Kelli, but now jealousy has changed all that.  When Lori brings Bobby Gray (don't call him just Bobby - very Walton's) to the annual family Fourth of July celebration, he finds himself attracted to Kelli, enraging Lori.  Lori storms off and Kelli decides she needs to distance herself as far as possible from Bobby Gray as she can even though she finds herself drawn to him.  Bobby Gray doesn't give up easily though.

I thought that this book was cute.  It wasn't a laugh-out-loud comedy or anything, but it was truly a good read and was very clean.  I didn't blush once!  The author has another book in the series, Stuck On You, but it appears to have a paranormal aspect to it, making it highly unlikely that I would read it.  Kissing Kelli was pretty good though and I recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment