A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Cascade (River of Time #2) - Lisa Bergren

Ok, I'll admit it.  I love this series!  I bought this book ($7.99) because I HAD to know what happened next.  Waterfall was the first in the series and at the end, the girls were back in the present out of necessity.

In Cascade, the girls head back, this time with their mother in tow.  More political drama occurs since the girls are now heralded as the She-Wolves of Siena.  The plague makes an appearance as well.  Love grows everywhere and the question that gets raised is can they save their father who had died a few months before the original time travel?

The timing of the jumps gets a little complicated.  It appears that minutes in the present count as weeks and months in 1300s Italy.  The girls are also changing the past.  When they get back to the future this time, things are there that were not there before.  With Gabi rushing everyone about, they try to find their father and get back to 1300s Italy and back to the men they love.

It's another cliffhanger and it's going to be hard to pace myself and try not to buy it right this second.  I need to give my eyes a rest.  These books I devour in about 2 days max.  I think they're great!  I have to say that although this is NOT my type of trilogy, I think this one might change my mind about giving others like it a chance in the future.  It is just that good!

No comments:

Post a Comment