A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Betrayal (Where the Heart Lives #2) -- Robin Lee Hatcher

Almost a year ago, I read Belonging, the first book in this series.  At that time, I couldn't find any more information about the series and was disappointed.  Little did I know that the series moved on without me! This series is about three siblings that were separated on the orphan train.  Now they are working their way back to each other.  The first book was about Felicia.

Hugh is on his way to find his sister, Felicia.  On the way, his horse comes up lame and he ends up at the ranch owned by Julia.  Hugh keeps to himself, but he feels that Julia is hiding just as much as he is.  As he comes to feel for her, he holds back the details of his past.  People judge him by it even though he knows he is a new man in Christ.  Even knowing that, he has learned it is better to be on his own than risk the pain of betrayal.

Julia doesn't really miss her husband.  When he was alive, he abused her and punished her for not giving him a child.  It's not in her nature to be trusting, but she asks Hugh to stay and help her get the cattle to market.  When he agrees, she also decides to hold back.  She feels that her past will push away any feelings Hugh might have growing for her.

This was a nice short read and I enjoyed it.  The final book in the series, Beloved, just came out at the end of September and I have it on my watch list.  I hope to find out what happened to Diana very soon.  Good Book!


No comments:

Post a Comment