A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Refuge on Crescent Hill - Melanie Dobson

I'm not quite sure why I picked this one up back in April.  Not normally a fan of contemporary fiction, it doesn't seem like something that I would usually pick up.  Maybe I got it because it was set in Ohio.  Regardless, I made it in about 10% before I decided to give up.

There were at least 4 different story lines by then, and while I am sure that they converged eventually, I wasn't really interested in finding out how.

Camden is down and out and uses her meager funds to get back to where her grandmother lives in Ohio.  Unfortunately, she passed away the week before.  There's also a man trying to save a dying town and a man who looks to find something of value inside the house.  When I stopped, there was also a woman who was trying to learn about her family history.

Overall, I didn't think that the book was going to be bad, it just isn't my type of book.

No comments:

Post a Comment