A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Belinda - Colleen Coble

Colleen Coble is hands down my favorite Christian romance author.  I've been able to read Smitten, but it wasn't one of her solo efforts.  Unfortunately for me, her books rarely drop below my $5 limit.  While searching on amazon the other day, I was shocked to see this little gem up for $0.99.  Looking closely, it was listed as 64 pages, but with this author, I was pretty sure that I wasn't going to mind.

Belinda is running a sort of antique junk yard where people can come and get fixtures for their house.  Her husband died a few years ago, and Belinda is living under the thumb of his mother.  Belinda has never been good enough in her eyes and is always threatening to sell the building her business is in out from under her and try to take custody of her daughter. Keeping her on the edge of poverty gives her power over Belinda and she is quick to rub it in.

Rick comes in as a customer and is instantly drawn to the pair.  He wants to be a part of their lives, but Belinda has been torn down so many times that she no longer feels that she has any chance with anyone.  She thinks that Rick is only hanging around to be a friend to her daughter.  Once her deceased husband's mother gets wind that a man is hanging around, her threats become stronger and more real for Belinda.

This little novella was a welcome break for me.  I liked the story a lot and it was a quick read.  Originally this story was part of a larger book called Forever Friends.  As of now, this little section of the book is the only part available on Kindle.  It feels like the past 5 books I've read have a deceased spouse in them (including the one I'm reading now), but it didn't really take away from my enjoyment of the book.  Good Baby Book!



No comments:

Post a Comment