A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Always the Designer, Never the Bride (Emma Rae Creations #3) - Sandra D. Bricker

Having read the first two in this series, Always the Baker, Never the Bride and Always the Wedding Planner, Never the Bride, I was pleased when this third installment popped up for free.  I really looked forward to an enjoyable read.

Audrey is a woman struggling to hold on to her dream.  She absolutely loves to design wedding gowns, but it's a hard industry to make your name in and she is at the end of her rope.  All her chances hinge on this hard to please bride that strings her along and treats her like dirt.

Even though she can't really spare the time, she is headed to Georgia to attend her best friend's wedding.  Although she's already married, her original ceremony was a quick one due to her husband's obligations to the Marines.  Audrey's problems follow her to Georgia and she begins to despair.

J.R. is the brother of the groom and a free spirit.  Riding his Harley around the country and fixing up other people's bikes is his job.  Upon meeting Audrey, he gawks at her repeatedly and comes falls in love with her.

As usual, there are appearances by just about everyone from the first two books.  The updates were okay, but I felt that there was something lacking in the story involving Audrey and J.R.  I felt that the lack of faith in the book was something that also ended up bothering me.  It seemed like any time Audrey turned to God it was as a passing thought.

As the series continues on, I think that it's going to continue on without me.  Russell was still annoying and I just felt like there was so much keeping up with everyone that the main story suffered for it.  Too many cooks in the kitchen kind of thing.  I did enjoy the first two, but I don't plan on reading any more of these in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment