A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Burn - Ted Dekker & Erin Healy

Ted Dekker is my favorite Christian fiction author.  I have read Kiss in the past, another book written by these two and found it to be okay, but it wasn't one of my favorites.  I have to say that I truly seem to enjoy Dekker's solo efforts more, but I have an open mind, and I did really like Forbidden that was written with Tosca Lee.  As a matter of fact, I am still hoping for the second book in that series to drop in price.  I'm probably going to be waiting quite a while.

Janeal, Robert and Katie are friends living in a Gypsy community.  Janeal feels like she doesn't belong and when she finds out that her father has been keeping an important secret from her, she sees a way out of her current life, but she's basically going to have to cooperate with the devil for that to happen.

After a horrible tragedy, each of these people believes that the others didn't survive.  Janeal has made decisions that haunt her and follow her around.  Robert survived but his survival was hidden to protect him.  He has spent his life trying to track down the monster that killed everyone he loved.  When he catches up to him, Robert finds out that someone else from the fire survived.  Catching up with that person will be overwhelming.

I don't want to give too much away about this book.  The unexpected twists are something that I have come to expect from a Dekker book and the part that makes me put it down at the end and just say, "wow."  I think that this book was really good, a solid effort between these two.  I was involved in it once I started and had to make myself put it down.  Good Book!

No comments:

Post a Comment