A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I raised two wonderful girls, and I'm super proud of them. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Wednesday, May 22, 2024

The Colour Out of Space - H. P. Lovecraft

I found this short story on the Gutenberg.org website and decided to read it. In the past, I've read a story in a collection and The Call of Cthulhu. One I wasn't fond of, and the other one I really enjoyed. I was curious to see where this one fell.

A barren valley is being surveyed before being flooded. It has an eerie history, and the story behind it involves a meteorite falling onto a farmer's land. It doesn't take long before there is evidence of strange things going on, and a family experiences the deterioration of their lives.

I'm not going to say much more about this one. It's a short story after all, and I try not to spoil things. This story definitely fell on the good side for me. It was tense and spooky, and I was invested in what would happen. I loved the imagination Lovecraft injected into this story. It was written in 1927, and I'm not sure it was appreciated at that time. I don't even know what kind of exposure it gets now, but I'm sure it's not enough. Good Story!



No comments:

Post a Comment