A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Wednesday, May 29, 2024

A Man Lay Dead - Ngaio Marsh (Inspector Alleyn #1)

This is the first in a series of novels revolving around the detective skills of Inspector Alleyn. In total, there are 32 mysteries.

In this particular adventure, the inspector has to solve the murder of a man who was involved in a weekend party. A murder game was being played, but a real dead body wasn't part of the plan. A strange angle to the wound and the alibis and motives complicate matters.

I enjoyed this book. The mystery was unique. So unique as to almost be on the edge of fantasy. At least the way I was reading it, the murder was committed in a super unusual way. I give credit to the inspector for figuring that out. I thought I had it figured out a couple times, but then something would happen to make me second guess myself.

The writing was easy to read, and the book wasn't weighed down with unnecessary language and scenes. I'd say that's pretty good for a book that was written in 1934.  I really liked it and hope to read more in the future. Good Book!



No comments:

Post a Comment