A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

With Autumn's Return (Westward Winds #3) - Amanda Cabot

This is the third, and final, book in the Westward Winds trilogy.  The first one was called Summer of Promise and the second one was Waiting for Spring.  This series tells the stories of three sisters who end up calling Wyoming their home.

Elizabeth is fulfilling her dream and opening up her medical practice in Cheyenne.  Feeling that she'll have a better chance in the west, she's optimistic about being accepted by the town.  Jason has his law practice next door to Elizabeth and after a particularly rough day, he goes to say hello to the new doctor.  He just wasn't expecting it to be a woman.  Some words are exchanged and these two are off to a rough start.

With Elizabeth's talent for words, these two become friends pretty fast.  They both know that nothing more will come of it, because Elizabeth has no plans to marry, and Jason is adamant about his ideal wife being a full-time mother.  When Jason gets sick, Elizabeth cares for him as any doctor would, but when rumors start swirling, he'll do anything to protect her.

This was a good read.  Both Jason and Elizabeth's characters are well written and likable. Even if Jason was a little abrasive at first, it was understandable and he quickly grew on me after that.  The plot was a little predictable, but still worth reading.  Even though this series revolves around the three sisters, the other two are absent from the story until the epilogue, so you can read these out of order and be okay.  Good Book!


No comments:

Post a Comment