A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

On Distant Shores (Wings of the Nightingale #2) - Sarah Sundin

This book has been on my Kindle for well over a year.  Not because I didn't want to read it, but because it's over 400 pages and when I have oodles of books waiting for me, I tend to shy away from the longer titles.  Also, I know this author's writing will have me wrapped up in a great tale and unable to put the book down.  It's hazardous to my eyes!

This is the second book in the series.  The first book is With Every Letter.  The characters from that book appear in this one, but On Distant Shores is a complete tale you can read alone.

Georgie's heart isn't in flight nursing.  She's got a great fiance back home and a family that cares for her and misses her.  She's always had people make her decisions for her, and it never bothered her until she meets John "Hutch" Hutchinson.  He causes her to question who she is and what she can be.

Hutch is trying to gain respect by becoming part of the Pharmacy Corp.  Unfortunately, it seems like a long shot, and he'll never get the respect he feels he deserves.  He's also got a fiance back home, but he starts to question his love for her after meeting Georgie. Hutch is engaged to someone just like him, content with a quiet life, and Georgie is engaged to someone who will make all her decisions for her.  But who's there to balance them out?

Once they determine they're bound to the wrong people, changes need to be made and both end up free.  One of them ends up free in a really sad way, but they're better off in the end.  Tragedy occurs and both of these characters have to re-evaluate their choices and what they want out of life.  But with the war going on, will they be able to get past their differences and be together?

This was a great book and well written.  I enjoyed the way these two characters balanced each other out.  Lucia was a great little character and added a super cute element.  I read this book in about 3 days.

Next up is In Perfect Time, the story of Kay.  She's present in both the other books, but she's very private and not much about her is revealed.  I look forward to reading it soon. Good Book!




No comments:

Post a Comment