A little bit about what you'll find reviewed here

A little bit about what you'll find reviewed on this blog: I believe the best books involve characters you wish you could read more about long after the book is finished. Recently, I've been searching for hidden gems from the past. I read mostly fiction, and I'm a bit of a prude. I don't normally enjoy books with sex or excessive language.

Who I am:
I am a stay at home mother of two wonderful girls. I enjoy reading (of course), sewing, cross stitching, photography and writing. I live in the high desert portion of Washington (which I didn't know existed until my husband and I decided to move here) and have really enjoyed my time out here. I am excited to see what God has next in store for my life!

Saturday, April 4, 2015

Windigo Twilight (Great Lakes Legends #1) - Colleen Coble

This is one of those older books by this author that she's dusted off and made available for Kindle.  It's part of a series called Great Lakes Legends.  The other two are called Storm Catcher and Shadow Bones.  The end of this book lists Storm Catcher as book 2, but the order of them is reversed with the print books.

Becca's parents died a few months ago in a tragic boating accident while visiting her estranged grandmother.  The problems is, Becca doesn't believe it was an accident.  She contacts her late cousin's husband asking for a job as a research assistant.  Since she hasn't been to the island in years, she hopes the years have given her the advantage of not being recognized.  The only person she really needs to worry about is her grandmother and she's out of the country.

Max didn't have a happy marriage and the events surrounding his wife's death have made him an object of suspicion.  He senses that Becca isn't what she seems, and he's determined to protect the family from an outsider with questionable motives.

Attempts are made on Becca's life and she has to suspect Max, even though she doesn't really want to.  He suspects that she's trying to weasel her way into the family for money purposes, so there's plenty of distrust around.  Not everyone on Eagle Island is what they seem.

This was a great story.  It's on the short side, 197 pages, making it a light, diet read.  I found it a little amusing that Becca would get so angry when Max suspected her of something when she suspected him of being a murderer numerous times.  The other two books in this series are about Becca's brother, Jake, and sister, Wynne.  I believe that these are stand alone stories.  They're not out on Kindle just yet, but I'll be keeping my eyes open for them.  Good Book!


No comments:

Post a Comment